Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Forget-Tea-Not

Last Sunday I was really excited to be hosting Forget-Tea-Not charity afternoon tea party, an event I'd decided to organise in order to raise money for the Alzheimer's Society.


Although there was a lot to do (I did have about an hour of pure panic before the guests arrived), I knew that it was going to be a great event. How could it not be? We had a beautiful venue - The Old Parasonage in Didsbury which, if you haven't visited, you really should: it's a stunner.

Thanks to TerryMc Photography
The room we booked looked great. The original idea for the tea party came to me when I inherited all of my nan Gwen's vintage teacups, saucers and tablecloths. Well I really think she would have been thrilled to see how beautiful all her lovely things looked and how much people enjoyed using them.

Thanks to TerryMc Photography
I also knew we had some top notch food to serve - Manchester's finest independent purveyors of afternoon tea components had very generously agreed to donate various delicious treats for our cake stands (see below for details of who the superstars were!). The food went down an absolute treat, one of the guests even said the afternoon tea was better than the one they'd had at The Dorchester!

Thanks to TerryMc Photography
We also had a window full of amazing layer cakes baked with love by my amazing friends, including bloggers The Baking Explorer and Wheats & Sweets. I think the guests really appreciated the fact that we'd baked the cakes ourselves!


I also can't thank my helpers enough. They were all amazing and such brilliant waitresses / kitchen aids! I wish we could all give up the day job and host tea parties every day because I really think we made a great team!


Another shout out goes to the fabulous Terry from TerryMc Photography who very kindly gave up his Sunday afternoon to come and take pictures of our event for us. What a star!

Thanks to TerryMc Photography
I'm pleased to say the event was really successful and we served over 50 people afternoon tea. The total amount raised was over £600 and a lot more than I was initially hoping for. Since I started selling the tickets, so many people have said what a good cause they think it is - making me realise just how many families are affected by dementia.

Thanks to TerryMc Photography
So I just mainly wanted to say a big thankyou to everyone who made the event possible: the gorgeous venue, the local businesses for their generosity, my helpers for their support on the day and of course the guests who bought tickets and spent the afternoon enjoying tea and cake with us. We hope to arrange another event in the future and hope you can join us again!

Thanks to TerryMc Photography

Were you unable to attend but still wish to donate to the Alzheimer's Society? You can contribute here... http://www.justgiving.com/GoodGobble


Original blog post:
I am very pleased to announce that tickets for Forget-Tea-Not charity afternoon tea are now on sale!
Forget-Tea-Not is going to be a wonderful day of tea, sweet treats and fundraising taking place on Sunday the 11th of August at Didsbury Parsonage Trust. All proceeds* will be donated to the Alzheimer's Society.

All the delicious food, drink and the beautiful china have been kindly donated by very generous and fantastic local businesses - Airy Fairy Cupcakes, And the Dish Ran Away with the Spoon, Robinson's BakeryThe Silver Apples, Sugar Bun Sisters, Tea Hive, Tea with Tom, Ten and Six TeasTrove Foods and W.H. Frost Butchers. Many many thanks also to @simonsbrain for designing the gorgeous flyer and to Gin Fuelled Blue Stocking for the idea for the fabulous name!

The tickets are priced at £10 per person. This includes a £5 deposit followed by a £5 donation on the day. For any questions or to book your ticket, please email me (Jules) at: goodgobble@gmail.com.

*Please note that as the Parsonage Centre is also a charity, they have requested that we donate 10% of the profits to them on the day in return for the use of their centre.

2 comments:

  1. You did so well to organise this and I'm really pleased it was so successful and you raised lots for a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks loads lovely! And for your stunning cakes xxx

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by and leaving us a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...