Sunday, October 2, 2011

Pizza Sunday: Sloppy Joe Pizza

Tonight we have had a special guest at our Pizza Sunday dinner - Krystle!


Probably a bit silly then that we chose today to try out a pretty strange pizza concept: Sloppy Joe pizza.


I'm not too sure where the idea for a Sloppy Joe pizza came from seeing as I have never even had a sloppy joe in my life. I think it probably came about following us eating chilli dogs at our movie night the other week.


It was very easy to make - I just whipped up a batch of spicy bolognese sauce this morning, using the chillis that Bailey harvested from our greenfly-infested chilli plant!


Other ingredients included in the bolognese were Quorn mince, yellow peppers, onions, mushrooms and passata.


I then made our usual pizza dough for Bailey, while Krystle and I had wholemeal Slimming World pizza bases. Unfortunately, Bailey's pizza base wasn't as good as normal as I had to use gluten-free flour as we had run out of regular.


It wasn't too bad, but it was loads more difficult to roll out and didn't go into a nice circle of elasticky dough like normal, which probably explains why the gluten-free pizzas at Dough Pizza Kitchen look kind of messy around the edges.

I enjoyed our Sloppy Joe Pizza experience and I think we shall be trying it again sometime. Perhaps a Mexican chilli version next time to spice things up a little?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by and leaving us a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...