Sunday, December 18, 2011

Turrón de Chocolate Crujiente

The other day I was making a quiz on Christmas in Spain for my Year 10s and suddenly remembered how delicious Turrón de Chocolate Crujiente is. It's so chocolatey, thick and crunchy - I remembered that I became a little obsessed with it when I lived in Barcelona and that I'd wanted Bailey to taste it so much that I actually sent him a slab of it through the post which cost me a fortune.


As part of our homemade Christmas gift hampers that we've been making for pressies, we had been trying to think of a sweet or chocolatey treat that we could make as a little extra to go with the other bits and I had a brainwave that some nice Turrón de Chocolate would be perfect. Trawling the Net, I found a Spanish YouTube video showing how to make it but it didn't actually specify any quantities for the ingredients so I had to kind of guess it.

Luckily it turned out great. Super easy to make, super unusual and really tasty! A great Christmas treat!

Recipe:
250g unsalted butter
600g dark chocolate
150g caster sugar
150g Rice Krispies

Begin by preparing the tray and bain-marie you will need. Line an oven tray or dish with foil then greaseproof paper (the reason being - the dude in the YouTube vid points out putting the turrón mix straight onto foil makes it "wrinkly". Which we don't want...) Place a large bowl over a saucepan of boiling water.


Break up the butter and place in the bain-marie and melt over a medium heat.


Break up the chocolate and add to the bain-marie. Mix well with the butter and allow to melt, stirring occasionally to help any lumps melt more quickly.


When you have a lovely smooth and shiny chocolatey mix, remove from the heat.


Add the sugar to the chocolate and mix well.


Add the Rice Krispies and mix well.


Transfer the mixture to the prepared oven dish.


Place in the fridge and allow to set - this doesn't take too long but I left mine overnight to be sure. When fully set, remove the whole turrón from the dish by lifting the foil and paper out.


Cut into slabs of whatever shape and size you need then eat! Tastes amazing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by and leaving us a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...